July 29, 2010

Princess Diana: The People's Princess

I have to admit I actually got a little emotional looking through pictures for this post.  I was captivated by Princess Diana when I was a little girl, she represented all that I thought was classy, stunning, regal and royalty at it's best.  She is the true meaning of class for me and she lives up to the statement that "she wore the dress, the dress never wore her".  She had class, beauty, and most important her personality and love for people is what made her a true beauty inside and out.  I've included some classic pictures and fun facts that I never knew about Princess Di...thought you would enjoy!

Married in 1981, her train was literally, Cathedral Length at 25-feet, it took up much of the space in the carriage as she rode to St. Peters. Her dress reminded me of Anne of Green Gables with the belled sleeves.

Princess Diana danced with John Travolta at the White House dinner on November 9, 1985.  She was introduced by President Ronald Reagan who temporarily forgot her name.

Princess Diana loved to open her Christmas presents weeks in advance.  Her favorite gift that she always desired was frames to put pictures of William and Harry.

She loved Versace.

According to InStyle, Princess Diana had amassed 176 suits, 200 purses, and 250 bags and 95 evening gowns.  I was actually surprised at the low numbers.

One word, breathtaking!

Here she is with her TOD's Handbag...of course!

Diana was one of the most famous women in the world, she became the People's Princess and was admired by billions. 

1 comments:

ankit said...

jst luvd it........

Post a Comment

Banner Design by Lark & Thistle